Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cheetah Girl ~ Ottobre 06/2013 #26

Hello, Hello!  I'm still muddling through here.  3 weeks more until my scope. But, I have been sewing here and there to keep me busy.

Miss K had asked for a Cheetah dress a few months back right before I made her snow leopard dress (which, humorously, the fabric is called blue cheetah).  I ordered both fabrics at the same time.  I didn't want both dresses to look exactly alike so with the Cheetah one I opted for a smooth front with no gathers whereas the blue one has gathers.



Since Miss K LOVES her oranges dress I made in March and it fits her so cute, I pulled that pattern back out and made up the Cheetah dress with the long sleeves.  I lowered the waistline a good 2 inches so it was less empire-waisted.  I also omitted the clear elastic around the waist (K doesn't like it).  And I did it in one solid fabric, not patchwork.  Other than that I stuck to the pattern in a straight size 146.



It turned out lovely. I keep singing a made up song to K when she wears it "cheeeetah, cheeeeetah boniiiita" and she just rolls her eyes at me.  I sewed this up 2-3 weeks ago but K has decided she doesn't like to do pictures anymore so I have to snap them when she is wearing the item to school.
 

Fabric: Technically it's a Leopard print, but don't tell K.
50% Rayon 47% Polyester 3% Lycra; Tan Leopard Print Jersey Knit from fashionfabrics.com.  It is lightweight but not see through.  1.25 yards used.
Total: $6.19

There is elastic in the sleeve bottoms

the fabric has a bit of a faded look to it. 

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! Gotta get the kids started early on the 'pard! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly loves that print! I think my mom has influenced her!
      thanks Gail!

      Delete
  2. Very nice - it really suits her and looks super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I love the brown color with her hair. Brown is not a color I could pull off ;-)

      Delete
  3. So cute and lovely to see you back sewing! I am a bit behind on my blog reading so bear with me. But your daughter looks very pretty in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Philippa! It feels great to be sewing again! I was very behind on my blog reading too, so I understand. :-)

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.