Friday, August 1, 2014

July Recap 2014

The months are just flying by!  July has come and gone. I have gone through all the kids clothes and it makes me sad to see how much they have outgrown.  Mr. T doesn't have a single pair of jeans now and Miss K outgrew an entire laundry basket full of dresses, tops, and bottoms. August will be spent on school clothing preparations as well as trying to finish up my Summer Sewing Plans.

Here are my makes for the month of July


And I thought it would be fun to include a photo collage of what fabrics I purchased and received in July
The wilderness one is 1.5 yards of flannel for T's pj shorts.  Orange Koi, Black Pie Man, Blue Mouse & Cookies, and Purple Bunny Tea are all from Sweet n' Charmed Facebook group and are knits (I LOVE them all, omg).  The white "nursery" flannel is for K's pjs.  The multi colored vines are for a dress for K and the purple pac man is a French Terry for K. Yardage totals 11.5 yards


And my fabric ins and outs totals are here:
July Totals:
(stash is anything purchased before this year)
Stash used: 4.75 yards
Fabric Out: 10 yards
Fabric In: 11.5 yards

Totals for the year to date:
Stash sew this year: 35.75 yards
Fabric out in 2014: 129.5 yards
Fabric in 2014: 141.25 yards

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

8 comments:

  1. You've been busy :) Love your new fabrics, especially the Koi one and the dress fabric for K. Such pretty colors! I think it's so cool how you keep invoice of your stash, I wish I was that structured :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siri! I'm a Pisces so the koi was meant to be ;-) I just invoiced my stash this last year of fabric and patterns. It was overwhelming at first but now I just enter it into my evernote database as it comes in. I love that I can type in "dress" and all the patterns and fabric pop up that I have that match that keyword. You should totally try it! Much easier than physically digging for stash!

      Delete
  2. I want to be a kid again!the fabrics you chose are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with the mouse and cookies fabrics -- it is just too cute! Might have to get some for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second my daughter saw that fabric she HAD to have it, LOL. It is really cute and soft in person

      Delete
  4. That Pac Man fabric is knit?! I wanna make leggings from that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that would be amazing. It is a knit and it was a custom design/run on a facebook group so it is a bit hard to find now :( I stalked it for about 5 months and just happened to be at the right place at the right time on FB for someone who was destashing. Sadly it's like $45 a yard (cringe) and I will be hoarding and using every last bit of my yard!! LOL

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.