New Look 6470
- I cut/sewed a size 12 Shoulder, & 14 bust; in the front I used a size 14 hip, but in the back I used a size 16 and added 1/4" to each side.
- I also performed a 3/4" square shoulder adjustment.
- The muslin sewed together really fast so I assume the real tanks will take about an hour and a half.
- This is a muslin only. The fabric is so scratchy -ick. The description was "soft" but it is not even close. It is a poly matte jersey. I couldn't wait to take it off. lol. It did have great drape though.
Changes to make to final versions:
- Use bias for back neck and armholes. Just turning and sewing isn't very pretty.
- Add inches to the cowl - this will bring it down into the armpit a bit and hold it in place better. (The cowl is only an inch on the underside and keeps trying to pop over. I will be shooting for 4 inches in total cowl length on the flipping side).
As you can see I'm still wearing my too-big Thurlows in these pictures :)
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~