Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Successful Muslin! New Look 6470

Yay! A successful muslin!  I can't wait to get a few of these made up.  I have been saving a super loved fabric just for this tank.  It was one of those instances when I had it already made in my mind, I just needed to find the pattern to match that image.

New Look 6470

  • I cut/sewed a size 12 Shoulder, & 14 bust; in the front I used a size 14 hip, but in the back I used a size 16 and added 1/4" to each side.  
  • I also performed a 3/4" square shoulder adjustment.  
  • The muslin sewed together really fast so I assume the real tanks will take about an hour and a half.  
  • This is a muslin only. The fabric is so scratchy -ick.  The description was "soft" but it is not even close. It is a poly matte jersey.  I couldn't wait to take it off. lol. It did have great drape though. 


Changes to make to final versions:

  • Use bias for back neck and armholes.  Just turning and sewing isn't very pretty.  
  • Add inches to the cowl - this will bring it down into the armpit a bit and hold it in place better. (The cowl is only an inch on the underside and keeps trying to pop over. I will be shooting for 4 inches in total cowl length on the flipping side). 





As you can see I'm still wearing my too-big Thurlows in these pictures :)

~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~

10 comments:

  1. That is lovely! You definitely need more of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I just need to limit myself on how many I make of them. LOL. Fast, 1 yarders can be dangerous!

      Delete
  2. This is weird Kristin I am making that pattern right now! I too muslined it in cheap jersey and I'm making one black, one red and a midnight blue. Mine has barely any cowl though, I think it's my ample chest! I'm ok with it though. It will be fun to see each other's finished tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philippa, that is so funny! I can't wait to see yours!! I love the idea of having them in those colors - my 3 favorite!

      Delete
  3. Wow, although it is only a muslin it looks great already! I really admire that you fit your knits so well. I usually cross my fingers and hope they fit. I'm looking forward to see this top in your special fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! Adding the cowl definitely makes for an elegant tank top. Now for the nice version (:

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.