I took everyone's advice from yesterday's post and went to work again on the muslin.
I redrew the back and cut it/sewed it new. The front I didn't redraw yet because it had some work left. I just hacked and slashed it up more.
I'm happy to say it is ready for the real fabric!!!
Here are today's changes.
1/2" sloped out of center back from neck to 0" at hip - 1" length removed, 3/4" swayback completed
still some small wrinkles in back - hoping challis will behave better than this stiff muslin fabric
Look! Look at the line! The armpit to hip is STRAIGHT! Woo hoo! *jumps up and down ecstatically*
Thanks to adding 1/2" to each side of the hip only in the back. (Ignore butt poof - you can't win 'em all)
The dreaded front is way better. My right is altered. My left stinks still - ignore it. ;-)
I did a curved dart! It was easy as pie too. Apple pie - with a crust you make from scratch (gluten free for me please). I still have to figure out the exact width of the curved dart - this was free hand. Loving that that bust to hip line is GONE! I also took out the inch here lengthwise. (seam in middle); and kept the 1/2" slope out from neck to 0" at hip.
So a huge, HUGE thanks to you guys. I really wouldn't of gotten this far w/o your help. I'm off to re-trace the "fixed" pieces and cut the real fabric. It's a soft, yummy rayon challis. Stay tuned.... :-D
~ Happy Sewing! ~ Kristin ~